Sunday, November 28, 2021

What Moves Us

 


Linking with the Sunday Muse for muse # 188

Come join us!


Sometimes, perhaps, we are allowed to get lost that we may find the right person to ask directions of. ~Robert Brault


We are always headed somewhere even in the stillness of waiting

like the beating of a heart or turning of an engine underneath the hood

some forces cannot be seen

the impact of movement stirs the leaves and mothers' skirts

it leaves father's home

and leads to our son's birth place

sometimes it amazes me how I got here

not in this seat before you

but how I got to know this beauty

I came from a broken place

where throats lost their voice

and walkways crumbled beyond repair

so I learned to run from hurt

like a dog loose off the chain

I didn't care where I landed when I jumped

cause it had to be better than where I was

sometimes our pain is fuel

but it can either move us faster forward

or cripple us where we stand

decisions become keys 

that either move the train

or stop the bus

I did not always know that

but now I do

loneliness drives us far away

but it is love that truly moves us

to where we were meant to be.




4 comments:

  1. As Cohen said, "Love's the only engine of survival."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. A poem that takes itself straight to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "it is love that truly moves us

    to where we were meant to be" - I could really feel that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to watch those "decisions" or they will bite you bad.
    I too like the love "moving us" bit, I guess show me?
    Or I'll show you? I think it doesn't have to be mutual
    like marriage or affection or things like that do.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth