Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Grandma Has Grey Hair...

This post is for Brandee at Smooth Stones.

Brandee is a wonderfully uplifting and talented friend here in the blogosphere, and she asked a couple of questions on my last post that I wanted to answer in this one... just for her. :-)

Yes Brandee I am a 48 year old grandmother of 10.  The fact that you thought I was so much younger just made my day....you are a jewel!!  Sometimes I feel like I am 80 and others I feel like I am 25, but at the end of the day I am still a creeky kneed 48 year old.

The awkward soul is easy to know if I am standing before you....not so much on the other side of a computer screen...you see I have hidious posture and I am not the most coordinated person in the world....so that is why I put that I am an awkward soul. 

The photo above I took today so that the blogosphere could see my grey hair that I righfully earned over the years. :-)


Thank you Brandee for being such an amazing friend...you writing is inspiring and your support is a blessing!



"If I had to sum up Friendship in one word, it would be Comfort." ~Terri Guillemets




8 comments:

  1. Yay! I love this post! You're beautiful, and your face doesn't look 48...not that 48 is old. When I stop coloring my hair, I hope it will be the color of yours. TEN GRANDKIDS! WOW! Now I want to know where you are, because I think what you perceive as an awkward soul would be a perfect match for mine, also that we should have lunch. You're amazing; I'm your biggest fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you stopped by Brandee....I was not sure if you would be on line this weekend. You are too kind to me....all these compliments are getting me spoiled. :-) You are right 48 isn't old....it just feels old sometimes. I wish we could have lunch sometime...that would be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the Greater Richmond Area! Let me know if you're ever nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean near Dallas?....if so I may be eventually to visit some cousins in Dallas area and Denton...I will get back with you before then...it will probably be spring break time next year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww man....i have been thinking it was north Texas....do you ever come to Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful tribute to a great friend. Inspiring to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you do look like a young girl with grey bits of hair-

    ReplyDelete

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth