Friday, November 18, 2011

Definitions of Me



"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart.  I am.  I am.  I am." 
~Sylvia Plath


"I do not define myself I have found this to be true.  It is all the experiences and the people I love that do."
~Me


I am a chaser of words
I am a daughter
I am a hardworker
I am a sister
I am a singer of songs
I am a mother
I am a people pleaser
I am a grandmother
I am a searcher of meaning
I am a cousin
I am a classic enabler
I am an aunt
I am an awkward soul
I am a friend for life.




10 comments:

  1. Carrie, I'm glad you told me about the grandmother bit because, honest to Pete, I thought you were in your 20's. I don't know why I thought so, since you have SUCH depth. But I did. I'm sitting here, now, marveling. It must have been your lightness of being. How one accomplishes simultaneous depth and lightness of being, I don't know, but that's you. Now I want to know why you think you're an awkward soul?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really packed a lot into such a short list, Carrie. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are beautiful~ I love the honesty, I almost did mine this way. I am a mother, etc. but I took a different path. Yours is wonderful~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, and can relate to so many of the statements.......Carrie, I LOVE the look of your blog - how did I miss this change? I must be going mostly to your other blog? The photo is fantastic...........wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing wordsmith! ...and like he said...'lucky friends'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are, and your life makes a difference. Lovely piece for the prompt. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you intertwine your relationships with your talents :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. classic enabler...hmmm interesting. what is a non-classic enabler?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read me....:-) I really enjoyed reading about everyone...fascinating and great fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth